Hi my Lovelies, I hope you all are doing well and having wonderful weekend.
My weekend isn’t going so great. My feet are aching and my head is pounding shopping is killing me, slowly, but surely. I say “IS” because as I write this I am sitting on the floor of a changing room, whilst I watch my friends try on what seems like the 1000th dress on. I hate shopping! YES you have read that right. I am a girl and I hate shopping. In a world of shopaholics, there are a rare few of us who do exist. (SOMEONE SAVE ME! **cries out for help**)
This week has been stressful not because I had an overload of work or deadlines to meet or I exams to sit, but because I knew I would have to spend the weekend shopping (just thinking about made me stress). In-fact I will be spending the next 6 weekends shopping (yes the next 6 week) why you ask. My best friend is getting married in less than 2 months and there is so much to do and lot of it consists of shopping. As a maid of honour and a good friend it is my duty to go along with it all even though there is nothing more I hate.
Without further ado, I present to you my reasons for why I hate shopping .
- Shopping centres are WAY too big. A lot of walking and lifting is required you basically don’t have to work-out for the rest if the week. It takes forever to get from one end to the other and the shopping bags tend to be heavy a good bicep workout if you ask me. (A tip for if you want to save money on a gym membership, but still want to get the same workout. Go shopping trust me it’s a hell of a workout, but don’t buy anything because that than defeats the purpose of saving money).
- It is always busy and overcrowded making it impossible to find a parking space. It took us 25 minutes to find parking space and that to was a million miles away from where the shops were.
- Normally I love talking to strangers. I know it sounds weird, but it’s true. I’m really friendly and have no problem talking to people, but when it comes to shopping I am completely the opposite I find myself trying to avoid human contact, as much as possible I just want to go in grab what I need and be out of there fast as humanly possible.
- “It will ONLY take a couple of hours, we will be done before you know it” I was told. **8 HOURS LATER** I am sitting on the floor of changing room eating a tub of Ben and Jerry’s ice cream, talking to a shop assistant about the “Friends” reunion, whilst my friends tried on dresses. It was probably the 100th one they tried on today. Shopping is very time consuming and a waste of time. You can buy the same stuff online from the comfort of your own home. ( I mean, what is not to love about that).
- I hate trying clothes on, the trying on process takes a lot of time and not forgetting how boring it is. My friends seem love it I’ve lost count on how many dresses they have tried on. (Does anyone else have fear that someone is secretly watching you on a security camera in the fitting room or is it just me, probably is just me).
- Annoying shop assistants. No offence to any Shop assistants out there. I know you guys are just doing your job, but you don’t have to ask me every 5 seconds, if there is thing you can help me with or if I am interested this new product or that new product.
I can probably go on for a little longer, but I think you guys get the point I really, really, really hate Shopping. However I don’t mind grocery shopping, probably because food is involved. I LOVE FOOD. I’m a fatty, what can I say.