Normally when I read these posts, the writer has just turned 21, which I haven’t, I’m actually exactly halfway through being 21, but I still wanted to share 21 things that I’ve learned in 21 years. So here goes.
1. Treat others how you want to be treated. Simple.
2. Don’t let others judgment affect you. Stop worrying about what others think of you. Worry about your character, not your reputation. Your character is who you are and your reputation is who people think you are.
3. Never forget to be thankful and appreciate the things you have. What if you woke up tomorrow with only the things you had thanked for the night before.
4. There is no point being shy and awkward, be confident! If not just fake it. Fake it till you make it, as they say.
5. Not everyone is going to like you. There will always be someone who will dislike you, for no reason or without even knowing you. Thus is life. SMILE AND MOVE ON.
6. DON’T BE A PEOPLE PLEASER! STOP trying to please everyone. It’s impossible. No matter how hard you try it will never be good enough for some. Be who you are and stay true to yourself. Don’t be a people pleaser. You’ll end up disappointed and depressed. Aim to please the almighty instead and you enjoy his countless blessing.
7. Not every day will be good. Some days you’ll succeed, Some days you’ll fail. But keep trying and don’t give up.
8. Years go by so fast, as you get older it just zooms past, before you know it you’re 50.
9. Some people come into your life as a blessing and others, come as a lesson. What you take from the lesson is up to you.
10. DO NOT I REPEAT DO NOT LOOK UP YOUR SYMPTOMS ONLINE!
The amount of times I should have died by now because of the symptoms Google has warned me about is crazy! Funny Story few weeks ago my brother Googled his symptoms turns out his was 12 weeks pregnant the modified look on his face was worth it. He only had a stomach bug so I guess Google doesn’t always get it right. If something’s worrying you, go to the doctors. It’s their job and the chances are they have a much less scary answer than Google!
11. People get old, that’s a cruel fact of life. Spend as much time as you can with your parents and grandparents. They are getting old! Time is precious so spend it with those who matter most.Listen to their advice, their life stories, get their beloved recipes! They won’t be here forever so show them how much you love them while you can.
12. It’s okay to not have your life figured out yet. ‘Having your life together’ is not actually a thing you are still young even if 21 does feel like you’re pre-historic.
13. Let go of negativity, don’t let it control you., don’t hold on to the scars of yesterday. Let it all go, Embrace everyday with a new hope.
14. Face your fears.
15. Don’t eat a whole cake in one sitting, you’ll regret later. ( minute on the lip lifetime on the hip)
16. It is ok to be weird and happy than normal and miserable.
17. Forgive people. You are not perfect yourself. Forgiveness will set you free trust me, even if it won’t seem like it is at the time.
18. Be careful with your words, don’t say something you will regret later. It is better to keep silent in a moment of anger as it will save you a thousand moments of regret.
19. Not everyone will see eye to eye with you. Some will never understand you. Don’t let that dictate who you are. Stay true to yourself. BE YOU.
20. It’s okay to make mistakes, if you don’t make them how are you going to learn.
21. Remember nothing lasts forever, pain is part of the whole process. Every struggle moves you forward. Keep going and don’t give up.
So there are 21 things I’ve learnt in my life. Can you relate to any? Or what advice do you have. Let me know in the comments below!